Monday, October 17, 2005

You Think You're Smart?

Some people humbly discount their intelligence, while others tout intelligence that doesn't really seem to be there.

Mensa is having their National Testing Day on October 22. What a perfect time to tell your fellow co-worker or teenager that thinks they know everything to prove it!

Or maybe you just want some clarification as to exactly how stupid, or how little you really know.

Although I seem to think a lot, I acknowledge that I know very little. I remember growing up in a K-12 public school and as an elementary student, thinking how I would never know everything and if I would ever know enough to graduate. At that time, I thought that to graduate from high school, you had to be a genius in every subject. I gradually learned it is not as much in how much you know as it is how your mind processes the information you do know.

I have never taken the Mensa test, so I can't tell you how stupid I am. I wonder if they have an organization for stupid people? I think it's called Densa.

Here's a few websites that have Densa quizzes:

http://www.fakecrap.com/densa.html
http://www.pressanykey.com/cgi-bin/jquiz.cgi

No comments: