Monday, October 24, 2005

Pass It Forward...

Isn't it so much fun to receive those chain "e-mails" that promise great fortune in one form or another for forwarding it on to a specified number of your "friends."

(Do friends really do this to friends?? Kind of seems mean to send these and then either bid superstitious fortune if they pass it on or impeding doom to those who delete it. Many times, I don't have the time to spend finding my friends' emails and forward it on, and I assume my friends don't want to receive it if I still want them to be my friends.)

I received one today where some of the previous forwarders put their comments at the beginning of their messages. It adds a nice touch. I especially like the "I don't know if it works, but..." comments.

This one had the Irish Friendship Wish. A nice little thought for the day to send to your "friends." Something that will hopefully make them smile, once they got past the whole dreaded frustration of "oh, great, another one of those emails..." and "now let's scroll to see what it's about" and, my favorite "wonder if there's a dorky cartoon with this?"

Speaking of superstitions, you know the one illustrated in the movie "Fools Rush In" with Salma Hayek and Matthew Perry at the Hoover Dam? Yup, I think that one really works, but you have to kiss the coin (preferrably a quarter) first.

No comments: