Thursday, October 27, 2005

Who'da Seen THAT Comin'?

What'da....? Ms. Harriet Miers, I was hoping you'd stick it out. At least a little bit longer. I think you would have been appointed, by the way. Oh, and I also wanted to see James Dobson chat with the Senate about what he could possibly know about you that made him give such a positive confidence of approval for your nomination.

I'm like a lot of people who will slow down to see a car accident scene on the interstate during rush hour, except instead of a car accident, its a political collision. (By the way, I am usually the one furious about all the "car-be-que" gawkers, not one to enjoy seeing the remnants of a car crash. I'd rather just get home safely so I can see it on the news, if I get home on time because of all the gawking. Oh, wait, that was a previous lifetime.)

Maybe that is why we allow the current situations to run their course. We'd hate to see it end, regardless how gruesome, there's a bit of morbid entertainment value. Kind of like watching Friends, we hated to see it end. But all good things must come to an end, and sometimes they came to an end before they were over.

No comments: