Thursday, March 08, 2007

Headlines: Pardon Me!

Pardon Me! We pardon scooters all the time as they zoom by us on the sidewalks of life. Why not this scooter? I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was found guilty on Tuesday by a reportedly saddened grand jury on four of the five charges for lying to investigators during the Plame leak case. It would be a political move of varied motives for the President to pardon Libby, but wouldn't it be nice for the fall guy to get some justice, too?

Success in Iraq is counted sweetest by those who ne'er succeed. General David Petraeus, US Army commander in Iraq commented recently that it will take more than military might to end the violence in that war-torn country. Gen. Petraeus hinted that resolution in Iraq would need political negotiations to create peace. Political negotiations, eh? I think it's time for the US President to pardon Iraq.

"I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden." would likely be a hummed tune for the fired Maj. Gen. George Weightman and Lt. Gen. Kevin Kiley were singing before the bad press came out for the Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Sure, military service is tough. However, we are talking about our injured soldiers here. I think we can lay off the tough guy act in a hospital, can't we? Just think what these vets will say to their grandkids: Yeah, it was difficult fighting off those rats and cockroaches, but the moldy stench was the worst. I survived Iraq because they gave me a gun and ammo, but surviving Walter Reed was the biggest battle I faced. No guns, no ammo. Not even rodent bombs or roach motels. Conditions were deplorable. I needed to raise the black flag, but the Army didn't supply us with any. So, we had to use our crutches and wheelchairs to squish the enemy! No pardons likely here. No matter how hard they beg.

"Mamma Mia, Here We Go Again!" I don't know if Pierce Brosnan will need a pardon after this one, but he is slated to sing, yes I said SING... ::LOL:: Sing ABBA tunes... ::ROFL:: With, get this... Meryl Streep! ::LMAO:: Okay, okay, Brosnan is a handsome actor, a remarkable artist, but I don't recall any singing scenes in the Bond movies. The big question now is, will I be walking out of the theater singing S.O.S. out of desperation or under a euphoric state of enjoyment? By the way, Pierce, I'll pardon you in advance on this one.

No Pardons for Captain America! I was completely saddened by the news that our superhero, Captain America, ::sob:: is dead. Captain America is dead apparently due to his resistance to register with the federal Super Hero Registration Act? Is this a sobering reflection of the state of affairs in our country? What will our country do without Captain America? Is this the end? Will Tek Jansen be able to fill such big shoes?

Well, if there are pardons to make, lent is a good time to make them, as we forgive others and forgive ourselves for all the blunders and ignorantly foolish things we do and forget to do. I hope you have it in your heart to pardon me, as well. I promise I will pardon you, too.

No comments: