Thursday, March 08, 2007

Daylight Savings for St. Pat's

This will be the first time since daylight savings came into existence that both my birthday and Saint Patrick's Day will enjoy a later evening. And an early morning.

For those of you just joining me, I discussed some of the ramifications of this change of daylight savings last year...

However, I failed to realize how this would affect my birthday this year. Sure, it is nice to enjoy daylight savings when the spring sunrise is tapping at your window, but it's not going to do that this early. Heck, we still have snow on the ground! If anything, the snow is just going to reflect the streetlights into my window on Monday morning, March 12th.

How could my birthday be any more special this year? Getting daylight saving on my birthday is spectacular. A kind and wonderful present from our President. When my internal alarm clock goes off at 6 a.m. Monday morning, it isn't really 6 a.m. It'll be 7. I'll be down one whole hour on my birthday?! What kind of present is this??

Let alone the implications of partying for St. Patrick's Day. I'd better hope this year's Irish dignitary likes to get his shut-eye early. But, of course, I won't hope that. A girl needs a little fun every now and then. I think I will boycott this early daylight savings this year. I'm sure no one at work will mind. And anyway, I don't believe in time.

No comments: