Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Mile High... And Then Some

Yup. Denver did it. 54% of voters in Denver said its ok to possess an ounce or less of Mary Jane.

It's not so much of a surprise that the referendum to basically legalize marijuana in Denver would pass. They are the southern neighbor of Boulder, where it seems marijuana has temples of worship there (somewhere near Pearl Street Mall).

The law only protects persons in possession from prosecution only from Denver authorities, and there's still a $100 fine to pay for possession, but no jail time. The USA Today article likens this to a speeding violation.

I have never tried marijuana, but being at concerts where it was tried by many, I am sure there is some sort of enjoyment that can be had by smoking it. But, I am not a smoker. I have no idea. I just know that when I was in high school it was just as bad as LSD or Crack Cocaine--pure evil. Our Colorado neighbor friends mentioned how enjoyable it was when they were in college (I'm sure they didn't inhale). And, if you think about it, candy bar makers and pizza delivery places should be rejoicing in Denver right now, since it sounds like one of the side effects is that it not only makes one more mellow, they get hungry. I'm sure Scooby and Shaggy are considering a move to Denver.

Now you know what to do in Denver when you're dead...

No comments: