Friday, January 27, 2006

Is Your Fallout Shelter Ready?

You may have noticed that I didn't post yesterday, even though there were several breaking news stories that needed a dip in Indigo Lake (like this one about Hamas Voted In in Palestine and the stretched US Army). Well, I took that time to get my fallout shelter ready.

Ok, ok. You don't know what a fallout shelter is? Back in the days there were forces, big forces, that just would have loved to see the United States blown to smithereens. Oh, wait. I guess that's still the case. Well, going back in the days, there were buildings designated as fallout shelters. My school when I was growing up had an old partially rusty sign on it that said "Fallout Shelter" on it. I gues they were popular back then, because many old brick government and public buildings had these signs on them.

Back in the 50s, when the scare was really big, families would dig bomb shelters in their back yards and stock them so they would be prepared to live there if the "bomb" were to drop.

Hmmmm... You'd think that after 9/11, there'd be companies sprung up to help scared people build their terror fortresses. Why didn't that happen? Maybe terrorism isn't scaring people as well as they though.. They need Monsters, Inc.

Anyway, do you have a fallout shelter? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: