Sunday, February 11, 2007

Headlines and Metaphors...

North Korea's Yummy Omelet
Watch out Denny's and Perkins, I've heard North Korea's cookin' up an omelet, and they say it's da bomb! Apparently for Condi Rice, the international language of peace is now Metaphor. The metaphor Rice referenced here is the old adage, "I don't count my chickens until they hatch." I just want to say, this is an egg I would rather see scrambled with some cheddar, onion, ham, --and no mushroom cloud!

Eggsrava-Gaza?
Not to be outdone, peace talks in the holy city of Mecca have brought the two political factions in Palestine together in governing the war ravaged area. Our good friend, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia was the king pin instrumental in bringing Hamas and Fatahs to make amends. They have decided that the Palestinian parliament majority Hamas will have their delegate Ismail Haniyeh reappointed as prime minister, and Mahmoud Abbas, Fatah's leader, will continue to be president. For some people, they may be wondering: Will this stop the fighting in Gaza? Me? I'm wondering: Who's the head of the henhouse here? Is it the President, or the Prime Minister? Regardless who gets to be the rooster and the hen, I'm sure they'll be serving it up overeasy. Hey, where's the bacon?

Putin Eggs on the Frypan
The US and Europe are scrambling international security with their unilateral policies, according to Russian President Vladimir Putin. Mixing it up at an international security conference, Putin suggested that the US-led "unipolar world" has brought worldwide instability, insecurity, and has pushed countries to seek weapons of mass destruction. Unipolar world? Really?? Now I've heard all the hype about the polar swap in 2012, but this unipolar world intrigues me. Globally, that would really stir things up. Heck, we may not know where the compass points, but I bet I'd still like a little cheese in my scrambled eggs.

Iraq's Sunny Side Cafe
The new commander for the US Forces in Iraq is calling for 'cooperation' between American and Iraqi forces in that conflict. Gee, that sounds familiar. Hmm. Oh, yes. I remember my kindergarten teacher using that big word. Maybe our plan for peace in Iraq is this. Yes, all I really need to know I learned in kindergarten. Now there's a policy for international relations! And that's serving it sunny side up!

Tek Jansen: Egg Beater
I think we need to enlist an experienced warrior for this battle of the eggs: Tek Jansen! It seems that there's been a krono-rift in the space time continuum that has caused this outbreak of eggs-traordinary portions. Hmm... Could it be, Condi Rice is Tek Jansen's biggest fan?

Do I have egg on my face, or what?! I've heard it's great for the pores.

No comments: