Friday, May 05, 2006

New Stamps, Again??

It seems like I just went out and bought new stamps with the new rate, along with those weird looking 2 cent stamps with the alligator teeth on them, and now the US Post Office wants to raise the rate of stamps again!

They claim its because of the rising costs of gas. Hey, I see my postal delivery guy walking to deliver my mail everyday, they don't use gas.

Besides, no one is giving me more money to compensate the rising gas prices. Oh, wait. I guess congress was looking into doing just that this week with a $100, or even a $500 tax rebate. Hmmm... Wait a minute, if I pay taxes, and they want to give me money from the taxes to pay for gas so the gas companies will lessen their high price assault, but the gas companies are too greedy to lower gas prices, and our country is running a large deficit right now... Hey, I'm going to pay for it anyway. Ok, that's a bad idea. Relegate that one to the circular file.

USPS is also claiming the rise in the stamp rate is to pay for their employees' rise in health insurance. Pssst--businesses don't care about that silly rise in their employees' health insurance, they're just letting their workers foot that bill.

And, get this, they want to raise it to 42 cents! That means all those extra 2 cents stamps I have laying around wouldn't work--I'd have to get one cent stamps, too! Good grief!

Oh, they want to have a Forever Stamp?? Buy that stamp and I would never have to worry about adding stamps for rate increases?? Why didn't they come out with this idea sooner?

No comments: